Spirit Knits Designer & Contributing Author
There are few who would disagree that ePublishing is the future. For almost a year we have been working with our Internet services provider to reconfigure our BelleAire Press website for ePublishing and e-commerce. That process is now complete.
The process of digitizing all of our publications is not yet complete; however, it is well on the way. From this point forward, all of our publishing will be focused on e-published works.
E-publishing is also the focus of several new product families that combine knitting and capturing the evocative spirit of sports, beach living, and Patriotism. Spirit Knits by BelleAire Press is a new product family developed to respond to reader requests.
The “spirit” components of this ever-expanding line of “easy-to-knit” products consists of original designs suggesting the reader choose the colors of their favorite teams or from a Caribbean palette for the yarn, and creating designs that include symbols (e.g., football, shellfish) and/or words that are associated with that theme.
We invite you to consider becoming a Spirit Knit Contributing Author by BelleAire Press.
Contributing authors of each design:
- Are prominently recognized as the designer/author on each of their authored products;
- Receive Contributing Author profiles (thumbnail bio and photo), and links both within the specific products they author and on the BelleAire Press website; and,
- Accrue up to 50% royalties on each of the individual products they author.
The responsibilities of Contributing Authors include:
- Working with VP and lead designer Faith R. Connors, agree on one or more specific designs that will be converted into a product, e.g., [Name that University] Baby Bib, or several sizes of “Brag Rag ™” cloths or squares.
- Using the colors agreed-upon (school colors matched in so far as possible to a specific yarn source), knit the prototype for the agreed-upon design.
- Prepare knitting instructions that will enable the purchaser of the ePDF (7-8 pages), to re-create the product as per the prototype. Hint: use FRC’s directions as a helpful guide for that design.
- Provide any additional information regarding yarn, supplies, sources that will help the purchaser create the product effectively and efficiently.
- Create/knit and provide the prototype of the new knit product to BP. It will be photographed and its on-line product page completed and published on the BP website.
- Design time frames are typically very short, typically lasting for several weeks. In other words, the entire process, from your initial contact to having a published design that is earning you both recognition and royalties, can be a matter of days.
Why not contact BelleAire Press for more information.
Copyright 2019 BelleAire Press. All rights reserved.
Spirit Knits, Team Spirit Knits, Beach Spirit Knits, and Brag Rag are protected by U.S. Trademark and Copyright legislation.