I (heart) BEACH
An original “I (heart) Beach” Spirit-focused Beach Spirit Knit © design by BelleAire Press. Designer Faith Connors explains, “This unique Brag Rag© design harkens back to summers spent on the Rhode Island shore.
The complete design chart features a “I (heart) BEACH” motif done in the center in stockinette stitch. A garter stitch border surrounds the heart symbol and design and text on four sides.
Body of the “I (heart) BEACH” Brag Rag© is approximately 8 inches wide by 9 inches long. The letters are knitted in a panel of stockinette stitch. Knit with 100% Cotton yarn (114 yards/ 60 grams), Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn.
All Spirit Knit designs and patterns:
- Are easy to knit.
- Include complete knitting directions–two-color or one color–provided.
- Offer yarn and materials suggestions.
- Provide optional color swatches.
- Provide color-coded knitting chart.
- Include hyperlinks to additional resources.
- Arrive as downloadable e-PDFs for convenience in viewing and/or printing hard copy.
- Your ePDF is scaled to optimize viewing of contents (especially the design chart) on iPADs and similar display devices.
The I (heart) BEACH Origins…
This knitted design harkens back to summers spent on the Rhode Island shore.
The complete chart features a I Love Beach motif done in the center in stockinette stitch. A garter stitch border surrounds the design on four sides.
Brag Rags© is the tongue-in-cheek name we gave our knitting designs that enable our friends to express their individual knitting skills and their sense of humor as they create a unique gift or personal project.
“Rag” as in a scrap of cloth, can be a misnomer. In the frugal South, we turned “scraps of cloth” into “dish rags” and “wash rags.” A rag was useful to clean and polish, or to use as we turn them into other items, including rugs or quilts.
Our Brag Rags© represent quick, easy, and useful knitted projects that allow our knitting family to choose their colors and original designs as they create clever, whimsical, and humorous gifts and home furnishings.