This Ghost Crab Brag Rags© design was adapted from a photograph taken by Faith Connors on Atlantic Beach, near the South jetties of the St. John’s River.
The Ghost Crab design and surround is knitted in Stockinette Stitch and set in a frame of Garter Stitch on four sides.
The Ghost Crab was knitted on #7 needles in worsted weight 100% cotton in which 4.5 stitches equal one inch.
All Spirit Knit designs and patterns:
- Are easy to knit.
- Include complete knitting directions–two-color or one color–provided.
- Offer yarn and materials suggestions.
- Provide optional color swatches.
- Provide color-coded knitting chart.
- Include hyperlinks to additional resources.
- Arrive as downloadable e-PDFs for convenience in viewing and/or printing hard copy.
- Your ePDF is scaled to optimize viewing of contents (especially the design chart) on iPADs and similar display devices.
Ghost Crab Background
Beach Spirit Knits© by BelleAire Press include original knit designs that help you go to the beach without actually leaving your home.
Caribbean color palettes that glow with the vibrant blues, oranges, and greens of southern seas. Original designs that reflect the laid back atmosphere, feisty spirit — and witty humor — of life and relaxation near a shore.
Ghost crabs are frequently seen on tropical and subtropical beaches, where they inhabit deep burrows in the inter-tidal zone. They are opportunistic scavengers and sometimes predators of small animals. Because they are most active at night and are generally pale in their coloration, they acquired the nickname “ghost crab.”